Pros And Cons Of PrestaShop Ecommerce Shopping Cart
The PrestaShop e-commerce is among the top free open source software available to start shopping cart. It suits those enterprises with low budget and willing to start an online store. The software has been developed in PHP and it is as good as web 2.0. The software is the most user friendly open source and requires less technical skills to get started with. The learning curve is very small as compare to Magento to run and maintain your store. The installation requirements are MySQL 5, Apache web server 1.3, PHP 5, Linux. There are some advantage and disadvantages of this software.
- Flexibility of Administration panel! Merchant can customize his store the way he wants to make sure it is according to the customers’ need.
- It is light weight software which enhances the loading speed of the shopping store.
- Old themes can be replaced with new ones to keep the design updated. The customization of theme was never so easy. Merchant can modify it as per his requirement.
- It is suitable for small and medium scale business. However the large organization can also use PrestaShop but they have to add different modules to make store effective.
- Some important PrestaShop Modules have to be purchased as they do not come with solution pack.
The advantages of PrestaShop are more than its disadvantages and that is why this software has won no-1 open source software award. I would recommend this software to those who are willing to start their e-commerce store immediately as it requires less time to set up an online store.
Image Source - PrestaShop